We designed a free survey tool that is similar to other entry-level products – but still more generous than the competition. This tutorial will cover the high-level limitations of the Alchemer Free Plan.
- Up to 3 surveys (active or closed) at a time
- The ability to view the first 100 responses per survey
- Your free surveys will collect responses in excess of 100. In order to view the additional data (if applicable), you will need to upgrade to a paid account.
- Limited to the below question types:
- HTML 5 Password Input type is not allowed
- Reporting limited to a Standard Report (access to view Individual Responses)
- Exporting limited to CSV/Excel Exports
- Survey Transfer tool is limited to paid plans.
Free Survey Share Link Domain
Survey share links on free accounts will use the following domain: myalchemer.com.
If you choose to upgrade to a paid plan and wish to change your survey share link to use a different domain (either alchemer.com or a private domain), we recommend creating a new link to do so. This way your mysurveygizmo.com link will continue to work for respondents you shared it with.
According to our Services Agreement, Alchemer surveys should never ask for any sensitive or secure data. As such, surveys created in free accounts will have content to inform survey respondents about content that is not safe to provide in surveys, as well as, a link to Report Abuse. There are 2 locations where this information will be automatically included in free surveys:
- At the top of the first page of the survey.
- Or the bottom of each page below the Next and Submit buttons.
On mobile devices, the top banner will display continuously and the footer text will not be present.
Surveys will include a banner at the top of the first page and footer text below the Next and Submit buttons alerting respondents that collection of sensitive/secure data is a violation of our acceptable use.
How do I sign up for the Free Plan?
Go to our Home Page and click Plans & Pricing in the top navigation. Scroll past the paid plan options and you will see the Free Account option.
Can I downgrade my paid account to the Free Plan?
By downgrading to free, all of your surveys and reports will be archived and unable to be accessed. You will be limited to create up to 3 new surveys and only collect up to 100 responses on each. Any open surveys will be closed and will stop collecting responses. You can resume your account anytime and regain access to your existing surveys and data.
Sure! The steps vary based on the account type so select your plan below for downgrading steps.
I have a Alchemer account that I wish to downgrade to the Free plan.
If you have one of our new Individual Accounts (created on or after January 17, 2017) and you wish to downgrade to free, you can do so by following these steps.
- Go to Account > Summary > Account Overview. Once there, you will see your current license details.
- To downgrade to the Scout License (free), click the Upgrade or Downgrade you Plan link in the Common Account Actions section.
- On the following screen, scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the Free Account option. Click the Select Plan button.
- Read the details about downgrading to free carefully; make sure to note the limitations of the Free Plan. Please enter your Alchemer password and check the I read everything above, and I still want to downgrade box before clicking the Downgrade Account button.
- You will be asked to provide some feedback before you can complete the downgrade. Submit the form and you will see that your request is being processed. Once your Free Account is ready, select the Go to Free Account button to go to your account.
- When you downgrade, your account will immediately change to a free account and you will not be charged going forward. We do not offer to process refunds for unused time on annual subscriptions, as such we recommend that these downgrades are made at the end of your subscription.
How the Free Plan limitations are imposed on a formerly paid account
- When you downgrade to the Free Plan, Alchemer will continue to store all of your surveys and data.
- All of your surveys and reports will be archived and unable to be accessed. Any open surveys will be closed and will stop collecting responses.
- You will be limited to create up to 3 new surveys and can collect/view up to 100 responses on each.
- If you decide to upgrade back to a paid plan, your previously active surveys will be available to be restored from archived status. That means that custom themes, actions and logic, and all of your share options can be re-activated again.
- With respect to the page limit, this will not be imposed on your existing surveys.
- With respect to the question type limitations, these will not be imposed on your existing surveys.
- With respect to responses, when you downgrade to free all your existing responses will be saved and stored by Alchemer. You will need to upgrade to a paid plan to regain access the stored data.
Reactivate a Formerly Free Account
If you previously had a paid account, downgraded to a Free Plan, and now want to re-access your closed/archived surveys, visit the Reactivate a Formerly Paid Account article.