The Oracle Cloud initiator is included with Alchemer Workflow. If you are interested in purchasing Alchemer Workflow, please contact us for additional information.
Oracle Cloud is a cloud based computing service offered by Oracle Corporation. It provides storage, servers, network, applications and services through a global network of Oracle Corporation managed data centers.
The Alchemer Workflow Oracle Cloud initiator merges Alchemer’s versatile Workflow and survey capabilities with Oracle Cloud's comprehensive infrastructure and service management system. This initiator caters to teams seeking to integrate detailed and customizable feedback surveys into their Oracle Cloud-based processes.
With Alchemer and Oracle, you and your team can:
- Initiate a Workflow run from a Groovy Script in Oracle.
- If this initiator doesn't fit your needs, please let us know.
The Alchemer Workflow Oracle Cloud initiator uses webhooks. For more information on creating webhooks in Oracle Cloud, refer to this documentation.
1. Create a new Workflow.2. Name your Workflow.
3. After creating a new Workflow, select Oracle Cloud as your Workflow initiator.
4. Select "Start Workflow from Groovy script", then click "Save".
5. Click "Next" on the initiator overview screen.
6. Copy the provided webhook URL. You will need this URL to configure the webhook URL in Oracle.
7. In Oracle, register this web service endpoint in your Groovy script.
For more information on creating webhooks in Oracle Cloud, refer to this documentation.
8. Set the method to POST and format the JSON.
9. Back in Alchemer, add any request payload fields that you would like the Groovy script to pass to the Alchemer.
The field names must match in both Alchemer and Oracle.
10. Click "Save" to complete the initiator.
A Sales and Customer Onboarding Teams uses Alchemer Survey to collect information at various points throughout the sales and onboarding process and keeps track of customer records in Oracle Sales Cloud. They use Alchemer Workflow to automate their onboarding process to improve the efficiency and quality of their customer onboarding program.
Using the Oracle Cloud Initiator and Alchemer Workflow, whenever a new customer purchases an onboarding package, a survey is sent to the Sales team to gather the new customer’s use cases. Once completed, an email containing the use cases and customer details is automatically sent to the Onboarding team.
Simultaneously, a welcome email is dispatched to the customer from the Onboarding Team, followed by session scheduling, including additional sessions tailored to their product tier and add-ons. Once onboarding sessions conclude, customers are prompted to provide feedback. Alchemer Workflow automates all of these processes, enhancing efficiency and equipping the team with the information necessary to improve onboarding experience.
When the webhook fires, Oracle will pass any custom fields to Alchemer Workflow. After configuring this initiator, you can use these fields in merge codes, logic, and other Workflow features.
For more information on how to use these merge codes in your Workflow, check out this article.
What permissions do I need within Alchemer to set-up and use the Greenhouse initiator?
1. The Integration Manager Permission is required to set-up and use the Greenhouse initiator. If you don't have this permission, you will see the following message when selecting an initiator:
2. To grant this permission to someone on your team, go to the left-side product navigation and select the Account drop-down, then click on the User Management tab.
3. Then select the Users tab under User Management.
4. Click the username for another member of your team.
5. Scroll down to the Permissions section and check if the Integration Manager box is checked. If you are an admin you can check the box for other members of your team.
Can multiple Workflows initiate off the same Greenhouse initiator?
Yes, you can create an unlimited number of Workflows that listen to the same initiator. However, you will need to create a new Workflow and configure the initiator each time. You can reuse the same Greenhouse authentication.
This initiator doesn't fit my use cases, or I want to provide feedback to the Alchemer Product Team!
Alchemer is committed to continuously releasing updates and enhancements to our Workflow initiators. If you have specific use cases, questions, or just general feedback, we would love to hear it. Contact us here!