The Kustomer initiator is included with Alchemer Workflow. If you are interested in purchasing Alchemer Workflow, please contact us for additional information.
Kustomer is a customer service CRM platform built for managing high support volume. The Alchemer Workflow Kustomer initiator allows you to automatically trigger targeted customer feedback Workflows in Alchemer, after specific events occur in Kustomer. This helps your organization simplify the process of collecting and utilizing customer feedback, while providing a comprehensive solution for improving your services and overall customer satisfaction.
With Alchemer and Kustomer, you and your team can:
- Initiate a Workflow in Alchemer from a Workflow in Kustomer.
The Kustomer initiator uses outbound webhooks. Learn more about creating webhooks in Kustomer here.
1. Create a new Workflow.
2. Name your Workflow.
3. After creating a new Workflow, select Kustomer as your Workflow initiator.
4. Select the Start Alchemer Workflow from a Kustomer Workflow and then click "Next".
5. Hit "Next" on the initiator overview screen.
6. In Kustomer, select a Workflow and add a REST API action to the workflow
Refer to this documentation for more details on creating webhooks in Kustomer.
7. When composing the new webhook, set the Webhook URL to the endpoint supplied by Alchemer.
8. Select REST API: JSON as the Event Action.
9. Select POST as the Method.
10. Add Kustomer data fields. When done, click "Add to Kustomer data fields."
They fields must match exactly in both Alchemer and Kustomer. For example, a field labeled "last_name" in Kustomer must be added as "last_name" in Alchemer.
11. Click the "Save" button to complete configuration for this initiator.
What permissions do I need within Alchemer to set-up and use the Kustomer initiator?
1. The Integration Manager Permission is required to set-up and use the Kustomer initiator. If you don't have this permission you will see the following message when selecting an initiator:
2. To check if you have this permission or grant this permission to someone on your team, go to the left-side product navigation and select the Account drop-down, then click on the user management tab.
3. Then select the Users tab under User Management.
4. Click your username or the username for another member of your team.
5. Scroll down to the Permissions section and check if the Integration Manager box is checked. If you are an admin you can check the box for other members of your team.
Can multiple Workflows initiate off the same Kustomer initiator?
Yes, you can create an unlimited number of Workflows that listen to the same initiator. However, you will need to create a new Workflow and configure the initiator each time. You can reuse the same Kustomer authentication.
This initiator doesn't fit my use cases, or I want to provide feedback to the Alchemer Product Team!
Alchemer is committed to continuously releasing updates and enhancements to our Workflow initiators. If you have specific use cases, questions, or just general feedback, we would love to hear it. Contact us here!