The HubSpot initiator is included with Alchemer Workflow. If you are interested in purchasing Alchemer Workflow, please contact us for additional information.
With this integration, you can initiate personalized customer feedback Workflows in Alchemer after specific events occur in your HubSpot Workflows, ensuring the collection of timely and targeted feedback from your customers.
With Hubspot and Alchemer, you and your team can:
- Initiate Workflows after events occur in HubSpot.
The HubSpot initiator uses webhooks. Learn more about creating webhooks in HubSpot here.
1. Create a new Workflow
2. Name your Workflow.
3. After creating a new Workflow, select HubSpot as your Workflow initiator.
4. Select HubSpot Webhook and then click "Next".
5. Hit "Next" on the initiator overview screen.
6. Within your HubSpot account, select a Workflow or create a new one. Then add a webhook that, once fired, will initiate your Workflow in Alchemer.
For more details on this process, you can review HubSpot's documentation here.
7. When composing the new webhook, enter the Webhook URL supplied by Alchemer.
8. Then add any Request Body Keys to the webhook in HubSpot. Whenever the webhook fires, this information will be sent to Alchemer and you will be able to use these values as merge codes in Workflow steps.
For more information on this step, refer to HubSpot's documentation here.
9. Configure the Request Body Keys in Alchemer Workflow, so that Alchemer can receive the keys in the request body. When done, click the "Add to HubSpot Keys" button.
They keys must match exactly in both Alchemer and Hubspot. For example, a key labeled "email" in HubSpot must be added as "email" in Alchemer.
10. Click the "Save" button to complete configuration for this initiator.
ABC Software use HubSpot to run complex, cross-channel Workflows. However, the team at ABC Software need the ability to include longer surveys as part of their Workflows. In this specific example, they want to send long form customer experience surveys to their largest enterprise customers after a set of specific events occur in HubSpot.
To accomplish this, ABC Software use the Alchemer Workflow HubSpot initiator to trigger a customer feedback Workflow in Alchemer, after a series of events occur in a HubSpot Workflow. They add a webhook to their workflow in HubSpot that triggers the Workflow in Alchemer when the specified events occur. This integration between HubSpot and Alchemer allows ABC Software to collect in-depth feedback from their largest enterprise customers through extended surveys, enhancing their understanding of customer experiences and ultimately improving their services.
What permissions do I need within Alchemer to set-up and use the HubSpot initiator?
1. The Integration Manager Permission is required to set-up and use the HubSpot initiator. If you don't have this permission you will see the following message when selecting an initiator:
2. To check if you have this permission or grant this permission to someone on your team, go to the left-side product navigation and select the Account drop-down, then click on the user management tab.
3. Then select the Users tab under User Management.
4. Click your username or the username for another member of your team.
5. Scroll down to the Permissions section and check if the Integration Manager box is checked. If you are an admin you can check the box for other members of your team.
Can multiple Workflows initiate off the same HubSpot initiator?
Yes, you can create an unlimited number of Workflows that listen to the same initiator. However, you will need to create a new Workflow and configure the initiator each time.
This initiator doesn't fit my use cases, or I want to provide feedback to the Alchemer Product Team!
Alchemer is committed to continuously releasing updates and enhancements to our Workflow initiators. If you have specific use cases, questions, or just general feedback, we would love to hear it. Contact us here!