Alchemer Workflow Exports allow you to combine data sets and view how a single person responded across all surveys in a workflow.
To export your Alchemer Workflow survey data, go to the Monitor Tab > Exports. Select all versions, or a single version to export, and select New Export.
Before generating the export, select any additional data fields that you want to include in your export.
The new export will appear in the Export menu. Click the download icon to download a zip file with your new export. The zip file will include an individual CSV file for each survey in your workflow, including any surveys used to initiate a workflow using a Survey Listener. Open the zip file to access your exported CSV files.
These CSV files can now be imported into your data analytics system for further analysis. You can get a view of the entire respondent experience across surveys by using the unique identifier Workflow ID to view the respondent’s responses across all surveys in the workflow. This analyzation is done outside of the Alchemer platform. To combine data from all surveys in a workflow inside the Alchemer platform, see this document.
At this time, you cannot rename exports within the Alchemer platform. As a leading practice, we recommend renaming each CSV file immediately after completing the download.
In the Alchemer Workflow Exports Menu, you can re-download previous exports at any time. You can also use the trash icon to keep things organized and delete any exports.
Once an export is deleted, you cannot undo it, and will need to generate a new export.
Export Format and Layout
Alchemer Workflow Exports will create a zip file that includes a CSV file for each survey in the workflow.
CSV Format and Layout
The CSV files are organized by the Workflow ID, a unique identifier tied to the respondent through each step in the workflow. This is followed by.
- Workflow Session ID: Identifies respondents who are currently progressing through or have completed the workflow. Workflow Session IDs are identical to the RunIDs listed in the Monitor tab.
- Response ID: This is the survey response ID – a unique identifier tied to the respondent through each part of the survey.
- Run Status: The state of completion for a workflow run at the current time. Run status could be listed as In-Progress, Complete, or Terminated.
- Workflow Version
- Survey ID
- Survey Name
- Survey metadata (including any meta data items checked before export)
- Survey response data
A specific Workflow Session ID can appear in multiple rows if a particular survey is used multiple times in the same workflow.
Here are a few additional notes on the export format:
- Fields that don't have data, with the exception of "NA", will display as blank.
- Respondent's Run ID that did not see or take a survey will not be included in the file for that survey. An example of this is when a respondent does not see certain surveys because of If/Else logic and branching.
- Test Runs are excluded from the export by default .
Alchemer Workflow Export Requirements
To create an Alchemer Workflow Export, the workflow must:
- Be built after May 2023. This may include surveys built prior to May 2023
- To create an export for workflows built prior to May 2023, delete all of the steps, and re-add them to the workflow. This will allow you to export future workflow data, but you will be unable to export data captured prior to May 2023.
- Must include surveys with responses
- Have a published version
Each user can only generate one Alchemer Workflow Export at a time. This limit is per user, so teammates working in the same workflow can both generate a new export at the same time, in their respective accounts.
All accounts with an Alchemer Workflow license have Alchemer Workflow Export capabilities.