Learn how Alchemer can help you win more deals by using feedback to drive effective product positioning, enablement, and messaging.
Think About It
- When you lose a deal, do you understand exactly why you were unsuccessful? What about when you win a deal?
- Are sales reps your only source of win/loss data? Are you missing context from the customers’ own words?
- You don’t know why your sales team is winning or losing deals. Although a comprehensive win/loss analysis program can increase win rates by up to 50% and revenue by 15% to 30%, most providers conduct only ad hoc reviews.
- You don’t have enough data to know what messaging is working with which market segment.
- The Product team doesn’t know which features are resonating with prospects and which ones aren’t.
Function: B2B Sales
Sales, Product, and Marketing teams utilize Alchemer Survey to gather information during sales stages, updating customer records in the CRM with survey responses. With Alchemer, they aim to gain insights into deal outcomes via Closed Reason data. This data is crucial for comprehending opportunity results, which allow Sales Teams to adapt selling strategies, offer focused sales training, and provide insights to the Product Team.
To view all Alchemer Workflow integrations, click here.
Alchemer actively listens for stage changes in the CRM. When a deal closes, a customer promptly receives a survey request for feedback on why they decided to purchase or not purchase. For closed-lost opportunities, former prospects are sent one survey, and for closed-won opportunities, new customers are sent another survey. Based on the closed reason, the feedback received is directed to the relevant internal team. The surveys collected provide a holistic view of closed lost and won feedback, enabling deeper dives into trends, patterns, and actionable insights that can guide strategic sales decisions within your organization.
1. Improved Messaging & Sales Strategy
Without proper win/loss analysis, it’s challenging to know of what resonates with prospects. Gartner's study shows that investing in such analysis can boost sales win rates by up to 50%.
Business Impact: Higher win rates for sales.
2. Better Sales Enablement
High-performing sales teams prioritize ongoing training, often beginning with an analysis of closed-lost reasons to gain valuable insights into improving objection handling and early-stage messaging, which can be a compelling training resource.
Business Impact: A better trained, more effective sales team.
How to Build This Use Case
1. In Alchemer Survey, create the following surveys:
- Closed-Won Feedback Survey. Make sure to ask the following questions:
- What were the primary factors that led you to choose our product/service?
- Which specific features or aspects of our offering were most appealing to you?
- How would you rate your experience with our sales team and the overall sales process?
- Were there specific strengths in our sales approach that stood out to you?
- Are there any areas where we could enhance our product, service, or support to better serve your needs?
- What additional features or improvements would you like to see in our future offerings?
- Add any additional questions that will help you get better understanding of why you won the deal!
- Closed Lost Feedback Survey. Make sure to ask the following questions:
- What influenced your decision to choose a different solution/provider?
- Were there specific features or functionalities that were missing in our offering?
- How would you rate your experience with our sales process?
- Were there any challenges or areas where we could have improved in our sales approach?
- How did you perceive the value for the price offered?
- Were there any pricing concerns or discrepancies that influenced your decision?
- Add any additional questions that will help you get better understanding of why you lost the deal!
The easiest way to recreate this use case is to create two Workflows, one for Closed Won analysis and one for Closed Lost Analysis.
1. In Alchemer Workflow, create a new Workflow. Name the Workflow "Closed Won Feedback Workflow." Hit "Next."
2. Scroll down and select the Salesforce Workflow Initiator. In this use case, we want to initiate the Workflow when a Salesforce Opportunity is Closed-Won.
For more details on setting up the Salesforce Initiator, refer to this documentation.
3. Select "Opportunity Closed Won" as the Salesforce Event you want the Workflow to listen for.
4. Select an already authenticated Salesforce account or authenticate a new Salesforce account.
For additional guidance on authenticating a Salesforce account with Alchemer, click here.
5. Next, we want to configure a Survey Invite step, so that when an opportunity is closed-won that new customer receives the Closed Won Feedback Survey.
6. Add a Survey invite step and click on the pencil icon to complete setup for this step.
7. To configure the Survey Invite step, complete the following:
- For the "To" field, click on "Select a Merge Code." Then find the merge code titled "Salesforce | Primary Contact | Email." Then click "insert."
- Update the subject line to something like "Feedback Requested: Share Your Experience With Us!"
- Update the email body to include a merge code for the contact's name. Personalization is important!
- Flesh out the rest of the email body to fit your needs. The finished email could look something like this:
8. With the Survey Invite step complete, add the Survey step directly below. Click on the pencil icon for that step and then select the "Closed Won Feedback Survey" that you already created. Then click "Save."
9. To route this feedback to stakeholders in your organization, add a Microsoft Teams connection. To configure the step, click on the pencil icon. Complete the following:
For configuration details, refer to this documentation.
- Add a Message Title. Something like "Closed Won Feedback | [Opportunity Name]
- Add merge codes to the Message Body that include Opportunity details pulled from Salesforce, along with answers to the questions in the Opportunity Closed Won Survey.
10. Add any additional steps to the Workflow that fit your own specific use case!
11. For the Opportunity Closed Lost Workflow, repeat steps 1-11, but update the following:
- Update the initiator to listen for closed lost opportunities in Salesforce.
- Update the Survey Invite email body.
- Update the Survey step to the Closed Lost Feedback Survey, instead of the Closed Won Feedback Survey.
- Update the Microsoft Teams step to include merge codes from the Closed Lost Feedback Survey.
Opportunity Closed Won Workflow
Opportunity Closed Lost Workflow