Learn how Alchemer can help transform your employee onboarding Program and reduce employee turnover using feedback
Think about it
- How does your organization gauge new-hire satisfaction throughout their first 90 days?
- Only 12% of employees feel their company does onboarding well. So what are the challenges and gaps in employee onboarding driving so much dissatisfaction? How can new-hire feedback help?
- High new-hire turnover rates: Losing new-hires is costly and 80% of new-hires who feel undertrained after onboarding start looking for other jobs.
- Lengthy ramp up periods: The longer the ramp period, the longer you are paying employees that are not yet providing value. During a new-hires‘ first 90 days, it is critical they have access to the information, resources, and support necessary to succeed and quickly add value.
Function: Human Resources
An HR Team uses an HR Information System to manage their operations, including tracking hiring, benefits, and employee trainings. They developed individualized onboarding programs for their various positions but struggle with a high new-hire turnover rate and lengthy ramp-up periods. To address these challenges, the HR Manager wants to automate the collection of feedback throughout a new-hires first 90 days. They hope to proactively collect this feedback from new-hires so they can identify areas of improvement, as well as address problems in real time.
To view all Alchemer Workflow integrations, click here.
- Alchemer Workflow Greenhouse Integration
- Alchemer Workflow Paylocity Integration
- Alchemer Workflow PeopleSoft Integration
- Alchemer Workflow Workday Integration
Alchemer listens for a new-hire event in the HR Information System. When the event occurs the new-hire automatically receives an email outlining the 30/60/90 feedback program. Every 30 days, the new-hire is sent a check-in survey. These surveys gauge the employee's experience, confidence, and preparedness over the course of the 90 days.
Feedback is routed to the employee’s manager, as well as the HR team, so they can track the new-hire’s progress and address any gaps or areas of concern. Using Alchemer’s logic functionality, you can send follow-up information to employees if they answer questions in a specific way. For example, if an employee says they are confused about benefits, you can automatically send an email with links to more information on the benefit’s program.
Using Alchemer’s reporting features you can get a holistic view the new-hire’s first 90 days and look for department or organization-wide themes. This analysis informs ongoing improvements to the onboarding program, promoting consistency and effectiveness for future hires.
- Lower Turnover/Higher Retention: By giving new-hires an avenue to provide feedback in their first 90 days, you can proactively address gaps and create a better experience for current and future new-hires. Additionally organizations with a strong onboarding process improve new hire retention by 82%.
Business Impact: Fewer costly candidate searches.
- Faster & More Effective Onboarding: With multiple touch-points over the 90 day window, you can monitor employee growth and identify areas where new-hires need additional training or support. This reduces the time employees need to ramp up and sets them up for success in the long-run by feeling more engaged and confident in their new role.
Business Impact: Faster employee time-to-value.
How to Build This Use Case
1. In Alchemer Survey, create the following surveys.
- 30-day check-in survey. Here are some example questions to ask:
- How would you rate the onboarding process in terms of its effectiveness in helping you understand your role and responsibilities?
- Do you feel adequately supported in integrating into the company culture and understanding its values?
- Have you received the necessary training and resources to perform your job effectively?
- Do you feel comfortable seeking help or guidance from your colleagues and supervisors?
- Are there any challenges you've encountered during your first month that you would like to address or need assistance with?
- 60-day check-in survey. Here are some example questions to ask:
- How well do you feel integrated into your team and the overall company environment?
- Has your role evolved or differed from your initial expectations when you joined the company?
- Are you receiving adequate feedback on your performance and progress?
- How would you describe the level of support you've received from your manager/supervisor since joining?
- 90-day check-in survey. Here are some example questions to ask:
- How satisfied are you with the overall experience at [Company Name] so far?
- Do you feel aligned with the company's mission and values?
- Are there any areas where you believe the onboarding process could be improved for future new hires?
- Would you recommend [Company Name] as a good place to work based on your experience so far?
1. In Alchemer Workflow, create a new Workflow.
2. Name the Workflow, then hit "Next".
3. Scroll down and select the Greenhouse Workflow Initiator. In this use case, we want to initiate a workflow when a Candidate Hired event occurs in Greenhouse.
This example uses Greenhouse, but Alchemer offers other HR focused Workflow initiators. Click here, to see a full list.
4. After configuring the initiator step, add a send email action. This email will welcome the new employee and give them an overview of the 30/60/90 feedback program.
Once you configure the Greenhouse initiator, you can add a merge code for the candidate's email in the "To" field.
5. Add a Delay step for 30 days.
6. Add a Survey Invite step and Survey step for the 30-day Employee Feedback Survey.
7. Add a Send Email step to route the feedback to the HR manger and employee manager.
8. Repeat steps 5-8 for the 60-day Employee Feedback Survey. Then repeat the steps again for the 90-day Employee Feedback Survey.
9. Next, we want to route resources to employees if they have specific questions about company policies and procedures. Add three If/Else Logic blocks.
10. For the first Logic Block, if the employee indicates confusion with benefits and leave policies, send them an email with benefits information.
11. For the first Logic Block, if the employee indicates confusion with the Company Code of Conduct, send them an email with the Employee Handbook.
12. For the final Logic Block, if the employee indicates confusion around expense reimbursements, send them an email with company documentation on how to submit and manage their expense reimbursements.